Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Shhhhh! Be Very, Very Quiet

With the lightest amount of pressure possible, she used the tips of her fingers to gently push open the door to her blog. At first, nothing seemed to happen....the door would not give. Then, as tiny dust particles dislodged themselves from the door and fell into her unprotected eyes, the door began to give. She hoped it wouldn't squeak thereby sounding the alarm that after an unplanned absence of more than six months, Ms. Just Write Now (LOL) was attempting to SNEAK unnoticed back into blogland.

I mean what was it she was expecting after all? Did she dare believe that those she had come to know by way of their regular visits to her blog would still be waiting on the other side of the door she had almost allowed to rust shut forever? Did she imagine herself to be so loved that there they would be still waiting for her next post? Was her ego so out of control that she really believed that those who had given her exactly what she wanted [a regular readership] for so many months, would be willing to give themselves to her again; especially considering the callous treatment she had visited upon them? Surely no one could expect so much; not even Ms. Just Write Now who had not seen fit to "just write" in months.

No, she didn't expect any of those things to be the case. She only HOPED that with some consistency and dedication on her part, some of the blog family who had come to know [and in some cases love her], as well as some new friends and family who might just now be making her acquaintance will drop by from time to time so that she might once again make them know how very much their visits mean to her.

I'M BACK....I HOPE SOME OF YOU WILL NOTICE AND FEEL THAT IS A GOOD THING. I MISSED YOU ALL!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL...I am glad to see you are back! I knew you'd come back...at least I allowed myself to hope:)I pray all is well. I would come over and check in with you every now and then and look...it paid off!

LadyLee said...

The mircrophone queen resurfaces... thank goodness:)

DJ Diva said...

Boy Sharon...you were really gone too long...My other older sister (Lady Leezie) seems to have abondoned me LOL

Welcome back my dear...I'm looking forward to your nuggets of wisdom!